Illinois Tollway awards than $73 million in contracts
| March 05, 2013 |
The Illinois Tollway Board of Directors on Feb. 28 awarded three new construction contracts totaling $23 million and six new engineering contracts totaling $50.4 million for construction management and design services.
More than $296.9 million in construction and engineering contracts have been approved by the Tollway Board so far in 2013. A total of $924.9 million in construction and engineering contracts has been awarded since the Move Illinois Program began.
“The Illinois Tollway is committed to expanding opportunities for a variety of firms to work on the Move Illinois Program,” said Illinois Tollway Executive Director Kristi Lafleur said in a press statement. “We are pleased to report that this month’s contract awards include two firms who will serve as prime contractors to the Tollway for the first time and who are also certified minority business enterprise firms – Reyes Group Ltd. and Acura Inc.”
Construction contracts approved include reconstruction of the U.S. Route 20 Bridge in Hampshire as part the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90) Rebuilding and Widening Project that is replacing the 54-year-old roadway from Chicago to Rockford and completion of repairs on the original portion of the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355) corridor. Other contracts awarded will provide construction management services necessary to oversee work on the new Tri-State Tollway (I-294)/I-57 Interchange and the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project.
The nine new contracts include four prime consultants and 28 subconsultants or subcontractors that are certified as disadvantaged, minority- and women-owned business enterprises (D/M/WBE). Commitments for D/M/WBE participation range from 18.3 percent to 80 percent per contract. Of the $73.2 million in awarded contracts, nearly $16.9 million or 25 percent is committed to these firms.
Contracts awarded Feb. 28 include the following:
- $23 million for these three construction contracts:
- A $17.2 million contract with Plote Construction Inc. for roadway resurfacing and bridge repair on the Veterans Memorial Tollway (I-355).A $5 million contract with Acura Inc. to rebuild and widen the U.S. Route 20 Bridge on the Jane Addams Memorial Tollway (I-90).An $823,969 contract to Reyes Group Ltd. for utility relocation for the I-294/I-57 Interchange Project.
- $50.4 million for six construction management and design services contracts:
- A $30.1 million contract with V3 Companies of Illinois Ltd./T.Y. Lin International Inc. Joint Venture for corridor construction management services on the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project.
- A $7.3 million contract with A. Epstein & Sons International Inc. for design services for reconstruction of Tollway roadway maintenance facilities.
- A $5 million contract with Wight & Company/R & G LLC Joint Venture construction management services on the Elgin O’Hare Western Access Project.
- A $4 million contract with TranSystems Corp. for planning services for the proposed Illinois Route 53/120 Extension.
- A $2.7 million contract with Stanley Consultants Inc. construction management services for the I-294/I-57 Interchange Project.
- A $1.2 million contract with to Delta Engineering Group LLC for design and electrical evaluation services for work at the Tollway’s Central Administration building and disaster recovery center.
From our partners
Precision Pipeline is an excavating contractor based in Utah and known for…
More From: Better Roads News
- The Impact of Fuel Use Trends on the Highway Trust Fund’s Present and Future – downloadable PDF
- NTEA releases ‘2013 Fleet Purchasing Outlook’
- ‘Gridlock’ – a video from ARTBA on fixing the Highway Trust Fund
- Monthly Motor Fuel Report shows -0.2 percent change
- Illinois Tollways investing $922 million...
- Report: Motor fuel tax change of -0.2% nationwide