Ice 9 redux
| July 18, 2012 |
The German weekly newsmagazine Spiegel reports that two Harvard scientists plan to spray thousands of tons of a sunlight reflecting chemical 80,000 feet into the atmosphere over New Mexico in an attempt to see if there is a chemical solution to global warming.
Before we crop dust an entire state with chemicals of unknown hazards, how about we figure out first if global warming is legitimate? Then figure out how bad the problem is, then figure out what to do about it.
Ice 9, for those of you who don’t get the reference, is the name of a chemical in an experiment that goes wrong that destroys the world in one of Kurt Vonnegut’s early novels, Cats Cradle. It seems like a lot of global warming scientists write fiction. I wish more would read it.
And Microsoft is involved…adding insult to injury.
From our partners
At first blush, it sounds like a simple project: paint a champagne-colored…
More From: Equipment
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you