I Make America launches “Picture a Better America” photo contest
| May 31, 2011 |
National participants to show Congress the urgent need to invest in America’s crumbling infrastructure
The Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and the I Make America campaign launched the Picture a Better America photo contest to demonstrate the urgent need to invest in America’s crumbling infrastructure. The contest will showcase the hard-working men and women who “make” America. The Picture a Better America photo contest aims to greatly amplify the voices of I Make America’s grassroots supporters and others committed to demonstrating the real cost of Congressional inaction on infrastructure investment and who are pushing for passage of a fully-funded six-year highway bill by September 30th of this year.
“We’re calling on all Americans to send in their photos to the Picture a Better America Photo Contest. We need to show our elected officials that our roads, bridges and highways are crumbling and America needs Congress to pass a fully-funded highway investment bill this year,” said AEM President Dennis Slater. “The time is now for Congress to invest taxpayer dollars in projects that will create meaningful jobs and will make our roads safer.”
Photo Contest Details
From April 28 through July 15, 2011, people across the U.S. can visit www.IMakeAmerica.com/photocontest to enter their photos in the four thematic categories. Everyone may enter, regardless of their amateur or professional status as photographers.
Contestants can submit different photos in the four thematic categories below, limit one per category:
- One Bumpy Ride: Disintegrating roads are a fact of life for almost everyone. Some have even rewarded us with a flat tire or worse! Send a photo of a decaying bridge or roadway; show Congress the consequences of their inaction.
- When we work, America works: Did you know that every $1 billion spent on infrastructure provides 30,000 jobs to hard-working Americans? Send a photo of a job site to show what a working America looks like.
- America Grows Here: A fully-funded highway bill will ensure that the crops that feed and clothe the world reach their final destination. Contestants can show the beauty of America’s farms by submitting a photo today.
- Our Many Faces: Americans work hard; it’s what we do. Send us a picture of you, a family member, a neighbor or a colleague hard at work, contributing to the national effort of building America!
One winner in each category will be selected by a guest panel of judges (to be announced) and the winners will be announced at www.IMakeAmerica.com/photocontest in August 2011. Each category winner will receive a $250 cash prize.
More From: Equipment
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...