Almost 28,725 new and used machines in the top 11 types of construction equipment* were financed during the first quarter of 2014, according to Equipment Data Associates. This compares to the 30,260 new and used machines in these categories financed during the same quarter of 2013, a 5-percent decline.
Compact units with their lower prices dominated the top financed new models sold:
1. Bobcat S650 skid steer, 241 units
2. Bobcat T590 compact track loader, 212 units
3. Bobcat T650 compact track loader, 204 units
4. Kubota SVL 75 skid steer, 179 units
5. Cat 420 F backhoe, 177 units
Top financed used models sold, also skewed toward compact equipment, were:
1. Bobcat T190 compact track loader, 159 units
2. Bobcat S185 skid steer, 156 units
3. Bobcat T300 compact track loader, 150 units
4. Cat 420E backhoe, 98 units
5. Bobcat S250 skid steer, 89 units
Top equipment types, in terms of numbers of machines financed, both new and used were:
1. Skid steer loaders, 5,794 units
2. Excavators, 4,513 units
3. Compact track loaders, 4,411 units
4. Compact excavators, 3,450 units
5. Wheel loaders (not including tool carriers), 3,070 units
Editor’s note: EDA, a division of Randall-Reilly, which produces Equipment World, tracks and reports Uniform Commercial Code-1 filings on financed equipment.
*Machines included in this report include dozers (both standard and LGP), articulated haulers, excavators, compact excavators, skid steers, compact track loaders, wheel loaders (both standard and toolcarrier), scrapers (both conventional and elevating), graders and backhoes. All figures include sales, lease and rental.