Granite joint venture team awarded $42 million highway project in Northern California
| October 17, 2012 |
The joint venture of Granite Construction Co. and MCM Construction Inc. has been awarded a $42 million highway contract by the California Department of Transportation for the construction of the San Juan Road Interchange in Monterey County, according to Granite Construction Inc.
Granite booked its 66-percent share, or nearly $28 million, into backlog during the third quarter of 2012. The project includes the construction of a new interchange and frontage roads to improve public safety when entering and exiting Highway 101 north of Salinas. Granite’s Salinas hot-mix asphalt plant will provide the approximately 92,000 tons of asphalt pavement needed for the project.
Work is estimated to begin this month and be completed by the end of 2014.
From our partners
The 982M is a new model in the Cat® M Series medium wheel loader line, similar to the 980K 12-ton Aggregates…
More From: Better Roads News
- The Impact of Fuel Use Trends on the Highway Trust Fund’s Present and Future – downloadable PDF
- NTEA releases ‘2013 Fleet Purchasing Outlook’
- ‘Gridlock’ – a video from ARTBA on fixing the Highway Trust Fund
- Monthly Motor Fuel Report shows -0.2 percent change
- Illinois Tollways investing $922 million...
- Report: Motor fuel tax change of -0.2% nationwide