Georgia Concrete & Products Association hires exec director
| September 02, 2010 |
The Georgia Concrete & Products Association (GC&PA) has hired Jimmy Cotty to as its new executive director.Cotty assumed his role on July 20, 2010.
Prior to joining the GC&PA, Cotty spent the previous four years on the staff of the Georgia Construction Aggregate Association (GCAA).
While there, he was an integral part of the association’s efforts in legislative and regulatory oversight.
He also played a key role in the development of member service programs such as its scholarship program and its dump truck certification program.
Cotty also was successful in modernizing the association’s communications efforts allowing it to keep membership more informed on current events as well as promote products, events and services to the industry’s end users.
Prior to GCAA, Jimmy also spent two years lobbying the Georgia General Assembly for a multi-client public affairs firm.
Cotty is a native of Columbus, Ga., and he is a proud alumnus of Auburn University.
He currently lives in Roswell, Ga., with his wife and son, and they eagerly await the arrival of their daughter in January.
From our partners
Caterpillar believes in the importance of safety and we want our customers to arrive safely home. Everyone. Every day. This…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...