Front-mounted snowblowers now available from Bobcat for easier snow removal
| December 16, 2009 |
(WEST FARGO, N.D. — December 2009) Bobcat compact tractor owners have a new, more comfortable option to clear snow during the winter. Two new models of front-mounted snowblower implements are now available for Bobcat compact tractor models CT120 to CT235, with a third model for the CT225 to CT450 available at a later date.
“Using a snowblower on the front of the tractor is more comfortable for the operator,” said Bryan Zent, marketing manager at Bobcat, “especially on large jobs where the operator would have to constantly turn around in his or her seat to do the work with a three-point snowblower.”
The snowblowers are ideal for homeowners with acreage, landscapers or buildings and ground maintenance specialists who need to clear snow from driveways, sidewalks or parking lots. The discharge chute on the snowblower rotates hydraulically, so the operator can easily redirect snow as needed.
To operate a front-mounted snowblower, the tractor must be equipped with a mid-PTO, loader joystick and control valve. The snowblower requires a lift kit and PTO kit to mount to the tractor. The front-end loader, tractor grille guard or front weight kit, if present, need to be removed to use a front-mounted snowblower. However, loader mounts do not have to be removed from the tractor. The snowblower and lift kit are fastened together by two quick-release pins, so the snowblower can be attached to or removed from the tractor in minutes.
The three models of snowblower implements are:
For the name of the nearest Bobcat dealer, visit
www.bobcatdealer.com. For more information, visit www.bobcat.com/utility_machines/tractors.
QuickLook: Front-mounted snowblower implement
- Three models available.
- Model FCTSB49 — 49-inch cutting width, approved for use on the CT120 to CT235.
- Model FCTSB62 — 62-inch cutting width, approved for use on the CT120 to CT235.
- Model FCTSB72 — 72-inch cutting width, approved for use on the CT225 to CT450, available at a later date.
- The compact tractor must be equipped with a mid-PTO, loader joystick and control valve.
- The snowblower requires a lift kit and PTO kit to mount to the tractor.
- Not compatible with the current tractor front-end loaders, tractor grille guards or front weight kits — these items need to be removed to allow use of a front-mounted snowblower.
- Loader mounts do not have to be removed from the tractor to use a front-mounted snowblower.
- The snowblower and lift kit are fastened together by two quick-release pins, so the snowblower can be attached to or removed from the tractor in minutes.
From our partners
Precision Pipeline is an excavating contractor based in Utah and known for…