Friday 5:05: The Landfill Orchestra
| December 28, 2012 |
With all the doom of schoolhouse shootings and the gloom of the Mayan apocalypse deferred, perhaps we should end this year and begin the new one on a positive note: A Paraguayan childrens’ orchestra built from materials scavenged at the landfill.
If next year the rest of the world blows itself to kingdom come, I have a feeling these descendants of the Mayans will still be around. And still making music.
Because they love their children, they’ll do just fine.
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…
More From: Construction Blog
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you