Federal Signal’s FS Solutions now has 3 online training courses
| May 23, 2011 |
Federal Signal Environmental Solutions Group has announced that FS Solutions now offers three online training courses as part of the company’s comprehensive training programs to help its customers increase job safety, operational efficiency and regulatory compliance in a variety of applications. The courses provide introductory content or serve as prerequisites for advanced classroom and hands-on training sessions.
The new online curriculum includes two industrial services courses —“Fundamentals of Waterblast Theory, Skills and Safety” and “Vacuum/Air Moving Fundamentals, Safety and Skills” — along with a course covering “OSHA’s Combustible Dust National Compliance Directive.”
“In addition to providing flexible instruction for students who need introductory courses, our new online courses serve as a convenient way for experienced operators to take their re-certification training,” said Gary Toothe, training manager, FS Solutions. “Instead of attending two or three days of classroom training, students can learn the same material online at their own pace and at their own location.”
The online courses include tests that each student must pass with a grade of at least 80 percent before advancing to the next training module.
Toothe said the company plans to add more online courses to its training curriculum, including courses on project estimating, job set up and equipment selection. Future courses will include industry-specific training — such as industrial vacuuming for the oil and gas industry — that address the unique procedures, equipment selection and safety issues of key markets.
More From: Equipment
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...