Federal aid programs for Louisiana disaster recovery
| August 18, 2011 |
Following is a summary of key federal disaster aid programs from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) that can be made available as needed and warranted under President Obama’s major disaster declaration issued for Louisiana.
Assistance for the State and Affected Local Governments Can Include as Required:
- Payment of not less than 75 percent of the eligible costs for repairing or replacing damaged public facilities, such as roads, bridges, utilities, buildings, schools, recreational areas and similar publicly owned property, as well as certain private non-profit organizations engaged in community service activities. (Source: FEMA funded, state administered.)
- Payment of not less than 75 percent of the eligible costs for removing debris from public areas and for emergency measures taken to save lives and protect property and public health, including direct federal assistance, under the Public Assistance program.(Source: FEMA funded, state administered.)
- Payment of not more than 75 percent of the approved costs for hazard mitigation projects undertaken by state and local governments to prevent or reduce long-term risk to life and property from natural or technological disasters. (Source: FEMA funded, state administered.)
How to Apply for Assistance:
- Application procedures for local governments will be explained at a series of federal/state applicant briefings with locations to be announced in the affected area by recovery officials. Approved public repair projects are paid through the state from funding provided by FEMA and other participating federal agencies.
From our partners
JLG announced that it was selected by United Rentals as “Strategic Supplier…
More From: Tech
- Sandy storm damage could exceed $20...
- LaHood makes $500K in quick-release...
- DOT gives states $20M for natural disaster repair
- LaHood: Nearly $1.6 available for damaged roads, bridges
- $2 million in emergency relief funds for LA-area overpass
- FEMA supports tribal gov’t ability to directly apply for federal disaster aid
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: