The appearance of advertisements and product information on this site does not constitute an endorsement by Equipment World Magazine, and Equipment World Magazine has not investigated the claims made by any advertiser. Product information is based solely on material received from suppliers.
Innovative Pipelayers Come From Volvo
November 10th, 2008
Have someone from Volvo Construction Equipment North America Inc
contact you with more information Click Here
Volvo gives oil & gas pipeline contractors a new lift with a revolutionary line of excavator based pipelayers. From the pipe yard to the trench, Volvo pipelayers deliver a competitive edge in even the most demanding conditions – not only in the oil & gas industry.
Key innovations include:
- Longer boom provides more hook height and better reach, allowing the machine to work farther from the trench
- Lift and positioning performance through 360 degrees of swing for maximum flexibility and infinit load positioning
- Boom mounted inside the track frames and close to machine center for higher lift capacity and stability, even on steep slopes
- Load-management system uses a boom-mounted light bar, in-cab monitor and warning systems to optimize safety
- Elevated cab provides wide field of vision to the entire work site, improving operator confidence, comfort, safety and effectiveness
- Extra-wide undercarriage and wide track shoes increase machine stability and floatation.Track frames are removable for easy transport