EDA Insight: New August financed equipment sales up
| October 24, 2012 |
The number of financed new units of construction equipment sold or leased in August increased by 9 percent compared with July, according to Equipment Data Associates, which tracks financed construction equipment activity. August figures show 5,336 units financed, compared to 4,826 units reported in July. Compared to August, 2011, the number of new financed units sold or leased is up 28 percent.
Used equipment activity showed a 5 percent increase in the number of units financed, or 6,715 units, compared to July’s 6,373 units. Compared to last year, the number of used financed units reported increased 7 percent.
The top three new equipment lenders in terms of number of units financed for September were Caterpillar Financial Services Corp., John Deere Industrial Credit and GE Capital Commercial, Inc.
The August tally reflects an estimated 90 to 95 percent of Uniform Commercial Code financing activity. EDA is a division of Randall-Reilly, which produces Equipment World magazine.
From our partners
The JLG Mobile Analyzer is a first of its kind in the…
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/cms/public_html/wp-content/themes/equipworld2.0/includes/sponsored-content.php on line 28 and defined in /home/cms/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
More From: Equipment
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you