Detroit Diesel wins 2011 Michigan Green Leader award for big business
| May 18, 2011 |
Detroit Diesel announced that it has been named one of the two 2011 Michigan Green Leaders in the Big Business category by the Detroit Free Press. Selected by a panel of 25 independent judges, the award recognizes Michigan-based companies that are working to move the state forward in innovation, sustainable development and conservation.
Detroit Diesel’s commitment to the environment starts with its 11 employee-based recycling programs. These innovative programs helped the company reduce landfill waste by more than 54 percent and overall trash by 30 percent in one year. Internal conservation efforts at Detroit Diesel’s state-of-the-art manufacturing facility have resulted in a 17 percent improvement in energy efficiency since 2009, saving more than $3 million since 2008.
In addition, Detroit Diesel’s DD13, DD15 and DD16 family of engines feature BlueTecEmissions Technology, which not only meets the EPA’s stringent 2010 emissions standards, but delivers best-in-class fuel efficiency. The engines consistently realize up to 5 percent or greater fuel economy improvement when compared to Detroit Diesel’s EPA 2007 product.
The 2011 Michigan Green Leader Award was presented to Detroit Diesel officials on Earth Day (April 21, 2011) in Detroit.
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…
More From: Emissions
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: