December financed construction sales lag from previous year
| January 30, 2013 |
New and used financed sales of construction equipment were trending together at the end of 2012, reports Equipment Data Associates, a division of Randall-Reilly.
In December, 6,584 new units were financed, compared to December, 2011, when 7,084 units were sold. Used financed sales were at 6,356 units, compared to 7,758 a year ago.
New financed equipment sales never broke the 8,000 unit per month level during 2012, while used equipment sales went above that level twice, in January and March.
Top financed equipment buyers for December included:
- Deness Leasing, Frankfort, Illinois, buying 125 Caterpillar skid steers and 30 Cat wheel loaders.
- TCB Equipment Leasing,Wheeling, Illinois, 30 skid steers and 30 wheel loaders, all Caterpillar.
- AAE Holding, Providence, Rhode Island, 35 Skyjack aerial lifts
- T.K. Stanley, Waynesboro, Mississippi, 15 wheel loaders, eight crawlers and seven excavators, all Komatsu, plus three Deere industrial tractors.
- Arizona Pipeline, Fort Worth, Texas, 21 excavators and 21 industrial tractors, all Deere.
From our partners
When conducting preventative maintenance on your electric motor, there are a number…
More From: Equipment
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: