DCA honors safety director of the year
| June 01, 2010 |
The Distribution Contractors Association (DCA) presented the 2009 Safety Director of the Year Award to Kevin Werner of MasTech North America, located in Shevlin, Minnesota, during the organization’s 15th Annual Safety Congress.
Werner implemented several safety programs in his company designed to decrease on-site accidents and increase worker safety. Accountability programs, defensive driving training and “best practices” sessions helped Werner’s company reduce costs associated with losses, reducing the dollar amount of losses from $415,000 in 2005 to $192,000 in 2009.
Safety directors and the DCA Safety/Risk Management committee vote for the Safety Director Award every year. The winner receives a plaque and $1,000 cash.
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…
More From: Safety
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...