- Equipment World - http://www.equipmentworld.com -
D.C. airport metro station tops list of biggest U.S. infrastructure projects
Posted By Wayne Grayson On March 13, 2013 @ 9:29 am In Construction News | No Comments
According to Same Day Steel Deck these are the five highest-profile transportation infrastructure projects in the United States.
1. Dulles Transit Extension in Washington, D.C: This $6.2 billion project began in 2008 and has a target completion date of 2016. It’s purpose is to extend the Washington Metro line to Dulles International Airport and Tyson’s Corner.
2. Otay Mesa East in San Diego, California: Located just north of the U.S. Mexico border, this $715 million project will benefit both travelers and commercial trucks. The projected income it will bring in the next decade is $31.6 billion. According to the Otay Mesa Chamber of Commerce, “Scheduled to open in 2015, this (port of entry) and 2.5 mile, four-lane, tolled state highway will link the U.S.-Mexico border to key regional, state, and international highways.”
3. O’Hare International Airport Modernization in Chicago, Illinois: This $8.8 billion project will add two more runways to the airport by 2016.
4. Crescent Corridor Expansion: This project has a target date of completion of 2030 and will cost $2.5 billion. The 1,400-mile corridor will expand Norfolk Southern’s railway network from the Northeast region of the U.S. to the Southeast.
5. Alaskan Way Viaduct in Seattle, Washington: The Alaskan Way Viaduct was damaged in the 2001 Nisqually earthquake. This $3.1 billion project will replace the viaduct (it was more cost-effective than simply repairing it) with a tunnel that will pass beneath Seattle.
Article printed from Equipment World: http://www.equipmentworld.com
URL to article: http://www.equipmentworld.com/d-c-airport-metro-station-tops-list-of-biggest-u-s-infrastructure-projects/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.equipmentworld.com/files/2013/03/shutterstock_80939857.jpg
 Same Day Steel Deck : http://www.samedaysteeldeck.com/infographic/the-5-biggest-us-infrastructure-projects/
Copyright © 2012 Equipment World -- Development. All rights reserved.