CSX makes $100K donation to American Red Cross
| August 28, 2011 |
CSX Corp. made a $100,000 donation to the American Red Cross in advance of the East Coast landfall of Hurricane Irene.
The donation was slated to use where there is the greatest need in this or future storms, according to CSX.
“The employees of CSX are hard at work preparing our transportation network for Irene,” said Michael J. Ward, CSX chairman, president and CEO, in a written statement just before Hurricane Irene (downgraded to a tropical storm) hit the East Coast. “At the same time, they wish to offer a hand to our communities through the vital efforts of the Red Cross.”
More From: Thanks To Those Who Have Contributed
- Sandy storm damage could exceed $20...
- LaHood makes $500K in quick-release...
- DOT gives states $20M for natural disaster repair
- LaHood: Nearly $1.6 available for damaged roads, bridges
- $2 million in emergency relief funds for LA-area overpass
- FEMA supports tribal gov’t ability to directly apply for federal disaster aid