FHWA Paper: Crash Impact of Smooth Lane Narrowing with Rumble Strips at Two-Lane Rural Stop-Controlled Intersections
| September 14, 2010 |
The U.S. Federal Highway Administration has released a TechBrief that examines a treatment to reduce approach speeds at unsignalized intersections on two-lane rural roads by narrowing lanes using rumble strips in the median and on the right-lane edge.
Click on the link below for a downloadable PDF of the TechBrief:
More From: Tech
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: