| August 02, 2012 |
From the “speaks for itself” department:
Over the last 10 years, losses to the taxpayers from Amtrak’s food and beverage service have added up to more than $833 million. Every $9.50 cheeseburger on Amtrak is subsidized $16.50 by the taxpayers, and every Pepsi sold for $2 costs the taxpayers $3.40.
This from hearings at the Capitol
House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman John L. Mica (R-FL), leading a Committee hearing on “staggering” (his word) waste in Amtrak’s food and beverage service, is outraged as only he can be. They’re not friends. He once called Amtrak our “Soviet-style rail system”
From our partners
At first blush, it sounds like a simple project: paint a champagne-colored…
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/cms/public_html/wp-content/themes/equipworld2.0/includes/sponsored-content.php on line 28 and defined in /home/cms/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 992
More From: Construction Blog
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you