Caterpillar receives Tier 4 certification
| August 19, 2010 |
Caterpillar’s C9.3 ACERT engine received the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 4 emissions certification and European Union emissions type approval.
The C9.3 ACERT is the first Caterpillar non-road engine to receive emissions certification in the 130- to 560-kW power category. This engine will power Cat products like mid-range track type tractors, motor graders and hydraulic excavators.
By the time Tier 4 Interim/Stage IIIB products reach customers, the Caterpillar Tier 4 validation program will have accumulated nearly one million hours of operation – making it the most extensive validation effort in Caterpillar history.
More From: Emissions
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...