Bigge Crane and Rigging relocates
| September 28, 2010 |
Bigge Crane and Rigging is relocating its Richmond, Virginia, location to a complex more than twice the size of the current yard.
The newest Bigge location, still in Richmond, will be more than 12 acres and will be the headquarters for all heavy haul transportation and crane and rigging operations on the Eastern seaboard.
Along with the new location, Bigge is increasing the size of its crane fleet. Bigge is adding more than 20 rough terrain cranes and about a dozen crawler cranes with maximum lift capacities from 100 to 440 tons. Bigge hired additional mechanics, truck drivers and inside sales personnel to keep up with the increased demand for their services on the East Coast.
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...