BAE Systems and Caterpillar sign long-term agreement
| January 31, 2012 |
The terms of the agreement require BAE Systems to integrate the Cat CX family of transmissions into its up-and-coming HybriDrive parallel propulsion system. In addition, BAE Systems will establish an aftermarket field services model which will leverage Caterpillar’s global service network to support the installed base.
The agreement will help to ensure a consistent supply of transmissions from Caterpillar, a long-term production pricing schedule, a warranty agreement and a field service support model.
“Through this alliance, our transmission will become an integral part of BAE Systems’ new HybriDrive parallel system,” said Jeff Pohl, hauling & OEM drivetrains product manager for Caterpillar.
BAE Systems expects to begin selling the HybriDrive parallel system, which is currently in its final stages, throughout the world in 2013.
More From: Equipment
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: