- Equipment World - http://www.equipmentworld.com -
Posted By Equipment World Staff On June 2, 2009 @ 10:30 am In In the Magazine | No Comments
Those who say “It can’t be done,” just haven’t found the right attachment yet.
This year we’re focusing on attachments for excavators and skid steers. And once you wrap your head around the idea that these two machines are really just mobile hydraulic power sources, then you can begin to use your imagination. Whether you’re going to rip, shred, break, crush, cut, dig, grab, grind, move, measure, mulch, flatten, sweep or control, there’s an attachment that’s perfect for the job.
RIP IT UP
Improve ripping effect with Leading Edge Attachments’ 23
Series Multi-Ripper Tooth.
· Side-by-side two-point twin tiger teeth distribute force
· Shaped to rip trench sidewalls
· Self-sharpening design.
LOAD IT ALL
Maximize load capacity with Rotobec’s clamshell bucket.
· High tensile, wear resistant steel improves strength-to-weight ratio
· Lightweight design
· Capacities from 1/2 to 10 cubic yards.
Reduce wooden material to finely shredded mulch with FAE USA’s grinding/shredding attachment.
· Suitable for 5- to 40-metric ton carriers
· Useful for site prep and ROW maintenance
· Power packs available.
· Designed for 80-horsepower-minimum carriers
· Requires 30- to 35-gpm flow rate
· Feature standard grabber, accumulator arm and diverter valve.
· Trapezoidal design improves productivity
· No greasing needed
· Design eliminates tie-rods, tie-bolts and side-bolts.
· Enclosed bracket design eliminates broken bolts
· Nitrogen gas assisted for faster blows
· Field serviceable.
· Normal bucket operations in pinned or ripping position
· Rip or pick up with curl of the bucket
· Eliminates need for changeover from bucket to ripper.
· Clears right-of-ways in one pass
· Useful for selective tree reduction
· Uses 440-horsepower Caterpillar C-13 engine.
· Accommodates 4- to 20-inch-thick slabs
· Available for 5,000- to 50,000-pound excavators
· Direct pin-on or accepts WedgeBolt coupler system.
· Features 3- to 8-cubic-yard hopper
· Cab controls enable operator to fill with exact amount needed
· Conveyor’s hydraulic motor powered by excavator’s track drive circuit.
MAKING THE GRADE
Cut slopes and excavate trenches efficiently with Topcon’s excavator grade control systems.
· Features graphical display and tilt sensors
· Clearly displays distance of the bucket teeth from final grade
· Eliminates the need for grade checker to be down in the hole.
Perform rock breaking applications where blasting was once required with Indeco’s HP 25000 breaker.
· Largest in the company’s line at 10-feet, 10-inches tall with a 25,000-foot-pound class rating
· Handles 10-inch-diameter tools
· Delivers 240 to 460 blows per
SWITCH IN SECONDS
Automatically change attachment and hoses without leaving the cab with Allu’s OilQuick coupler system.
· Fits most excavators between 10,000 and 140,000 pounds
· Six different hydraulic lines suitable for complicated
· Complete attachment changes in less than 10 seconds.
· Can be used with or without a coupler
· Thumb and arm have three positions
· Folds tightly against the stick, eliminating interference with digging.
· Has curved multi-serrated profile for improved grasping
· Useful for material removal and placement
· Available with or without cylinders.
Reduce operating costs with NPK’s GH-Series hydraulic breakers, which feature an internal drain system that increases seal life.
· Five models available between 4,000 and 15,000 foot-pounds
· Fits extensive range of carriers
· Bracket design protects hammer and tool assembly.
Designed with safety and efficiency in mind, Geith’s Mechanical MX coupler fits 4- to 12,000-pound excavators.
· Features simple, three-step operation
· Pin-grab style; fits pin diameters from 30 to 45 millimeters
· Integrated safety pin serves as secondary locking mechanism.
SMOOTH AND STEADY
Experience reliable performance during breaking applications with BTI’s BXR160 hydraulic breaker.
· Extra long stroke design improves power-to-weight ratio
· Precise tolerances between piston and cylinder ensure efficiency
· Shock absorption reduces vibration feedback to the carrier.
SKID STEER ATTACHMENTS
MB Companies’ Model HL broom works with skid steers with a minimum of 12 gpm.
· Available in 5-, 6-, 7- and 8-foot widths
· Features a 32-inch diameter
· Four point self centering swing system.
Perform a range of repair jobs and utility work with Woods’ Alitec high-flow cold planer.
· Fits skid steers 1,300 pounds and larger
· Maneuverable around manholes and storm drains
· Useful where heavier, dedicated planers are not allowed.
Eliminate re-milling with Coneqtec/Universal’s Model AP planer, which features an open drum design and direct-drive motor.
· Four-wheel front down design eliminates dust
· Available in 12- to 48-inch widths
· Electric or hydraulic control.
Improve grading accuracy with ATI’s Dual Level Best grading box.
· Fully automatic with dual controls
· Grades to 1/8-inch accuracy in elevation and cross slope
· Available in 72-, 84- and 96-inch widths.
Cut up to 8-inch material with the QA60 rotary cutter from US Mower.
· Features 60-inch cutting width
· Has twin 12-pound reversible blades
· Fits skid steers with 20- to 38-gpm flow.
FORK IT OVER
CTI’s Model 345 rail mounted skid steer forks have a 4,300-pound lift capacity.
· Forks and frame have 3-to-1 rated load safety factor
· Available with 42- and 48-inch tines
· Universal coupler design fits most skid steers.
Adjust the grade from the cab with Bobcat’s laser-guided grading receivers.
· Features selectable joystick controls
· In-cab grade control enables blade position changes 2 inches in either direction
· Proportional system provides three speed ranges.
Achieve grading accuracy with Hitchdoc’s Dual Dozer laser leveling system for skid steers.
· Holds grade by balancing a laser signal input from
· Blade automatically adjusted to maintain correct
· Features heavy duty construction and greaseable pins.
Experience a smooth ride with Grouser Products’ line of F-Series over-the-tire tracks.
· Sturdy design with heavy duty components
· Design allows maximum tractive effort
· Delivers improved flotation.
Transplant trees and dig holes with the Edge tree spade from CEAttachments.
· Simply place pre-packaged trees
· Features 3/8-inch plate with tapered edge
GRAB AND GRIP
Handle debris and brush and crush concrete slabs with Sidney Manufacturing’s Gorilla grapple.
· Fits most skid steers
· Manufactured from high tensile 1-inch-thick steel
· Available with 6 or 10 tines
Dig, carry and place trees with FFC’s non-powered Tree Spade.
· Available in 36-, 40-, 44- and 48-inch ball sizes
· Sharp tapered edge with 3/8-inch plate construction for digging
· Also useful for carrying and placing boulders.
Perform high production brush mulching with Terex ASV’s HD7460B mulcher.
· Has 60-inch cutting width and spiral configuration to the cutting drum
· Unit’s 45 cutting teeth quickly processes trees and brush
· Compact cutter housing ensures weight distribution and balance.
MAXIMIZE MULCHING PERFORMANCE
Produce consistent mulch size with Loftness Attachments’ KwikAx mulching head.
· Available in 53-, 63-, 73- and 83-inch cutting widths
· Operates on as little as 39 horsepower
· Rotates down in front for aggressive feed rate.
CLEAR IT UP
Perform a variety of landclearing applications including ROW maintenance and low impact seismic mulching with IronWolf’s mulcher.
· Available in widths from 6 to 11 feet
· Low maintenance design uses affordable cutting bits
· Handles brush, trees and stumps.
Fecon’s heavy duty rotary FRM60 Brush Hog brush cutter features a smooth deck surface for minimal debris build up.
· Bi-directional direct drive gear motor maximizes productivity
· Four 12-inch dual-sided rotary ax blades cut
on both sides
· Flush-to-the-ground design contains material.
Perform finish grading in reverse with Double D Manufacturing’s SS Series box blade.
· Available in 6- or 8-foot widths
· Standard with GPS or laser mounting brackets
· Adjustable and replaceable side cutter blades.
DROP AND DEMOLISH
Handle a range of flatwork demolition projects with Stanley Hydraulic Tools’ Cyclone drop hammer.
· Available in three models – the DH1500, DH3500 and DH9000
· Easily removes concrete flooring
· Results in simpler material sizing for crusher feed.
CARRY IT ALL
Simplify carrying long items with CJJ’s Brush Bucket, modeled after the company’s Rock Bucket.
· Features open finger tine design
· Has welded-on grapple and open side wall
· Four model sizes between 62 and 82 inches wide.
Drill in any horizontal direction with Minnich Manufacturing’s machine mounted dowel drill units.
· Has adjustable height, depth and hole centers
· Standard units fit into a 48-inch patch and can drill to 18 inches deep
· Optional dust collection system and side-shift capability.
Easily handle pulling patches, slab-jacking and under sealing with E-Z Drill’s concrete drill attachment, the Model 210 Twin Vertical.
· Drills 3/4- to 21⁄2-inch-diameter holes to a 17-inch depth
· Can be positioned between 90 and 45 degrees
· Controlled from the cab via pneumatic remote.
Perform shearing, cracking and crushing applications with Allied-Gator’s MT Series Multi-Tool units.
· Shear and cracker/crusher jaw sets field change in 15 minutes
· Features 360-degree continual rotation
· Available in three models – the MTR 5, MTR 10
and MTR 15.
Perform tile removal quickly with Daniel Manufacturing’s Blue Island Scraper.
· Features 10-inch and 19-inch scraper heads
· Comes with two chisels
· Has integrated tool carrier and fits universal
Eliminate windrows and washboarding with Roadrunner’s grading blade.
· Low mounting plate facilitates cab entry
· Heat treated wear pads extends life of skid bars
· Optional serrated cutting edge for demanding applications.
Produce small volumes of quality concrete with GE Attachments’ Scoop-N-Mix skid steer concrete mixer.
· Mixer rotates into bucket loading position to scoop sand and gravel
· After mixing, unit transports concrete to pour area
· Produces 1/3 cubic yard in each batch.
Article printed from Equipment World: http://www.equipmentworld.com
URL to article: http://www.equipmentworld.com/attachments-09/
Copyright © 2012 Equipment World -- Development. All rights reserved.