ARTBA gives scholarships to children of fallen highway workers
| May 14, 2010 |
The American Road and Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) offers children of disabled or fallen highway workers financial assistance in their pursuits of higher education. ARTBA-TDF awarded the 2010 Highway Worker Memorial Scholarships to students from Iowa, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia and Michigan.
2010 scholarship recipients include:
- Brian Brown of Coeburn, Virginia
- Carter Bundy of Flushing, Michigan
- Mitchell and Mollie Dunn of Stone Mountain, Georgia
- Joseph Halvorson of Ames, Iowa
- Brianna Keefe of Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
- Allison Moore of Chula, Georgia
- Nahun Morales of Springfield, Virginia
ARTBA-TDF is interested in receiving leads on students who could benefit fromt he scholarship program. Any contact leads can be sent to ARTBA Scholarship Awards Manager Holly Bolton at email@example.com.
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: