ARTBA environmental publication, video wins prestigious awards
| May 09, 2011 |
A special American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) publication and companion video that spotlight environmental excellence and innovation during the design and construction of transportation improvement projects have won two “gold level” Hermes Creative Awards.
The annual international competition, administered and judged by the Association of Marketing and Communication Professionals (AMCP), honors creative professionals involved in the concept, writing and design of traditional materials and programs, and emerging technologies. Entries come from corporate marketing and communication departments, advertising agencies, PR firms, design shops, production companies and web-based innovators.
Both products were developed as part of ARTBA’s “Transportation Makes America Work,” an advocacy communications campaign that is aimed at building political support for significant new investments in federal surface transportation. ARTBA was recognized in the Publications/Magazine and Video/Educational categories.
The association produced a 36-page magazine called “Green & Clean: Transportation Design & Construction,” which profiled 10 highway, bridge, airport, tunnel and transit projects from across the nation that are setting new standards for environmental protection and mitigation, wildlife protection, energy savings, wetlands restoration and community cooperation.
ARTBA also developed a six-minute video spotlighting the environmental enhancements on three major infrastructure projects in Maryland, Minnesota and the New York/New Jersey area. The video was shot and edited by Maryland-headquartered Triple View Media.
More From: Publications
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...