American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) has elected Doug Black, president and chief operating officer of Oldcastle, the association’s chairman.
ARTBA announced the election results during its national convention in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, September 8-10.
In a September 10 speech at the convention, Black outlined four key objectives for the association in the coming year:
- 1. Advocate for increased federal funding for transportation infrastructure and facilitate state and local funding initiatives
- 2. Push for policy reforms to improve construction and maintenance of transportation infrastructure
- 3. Improve worker safety
- 4. Focus on innovation in transportation
In addition to his position as chairman, Black has also served ARTBA as senior vice chair, first vice chair, vice chair at-large, president of the Materials & Services Division, and co-chair of the Strategic Planning Committee.
Other new ARTBA officers include:
- Senior Vice Chairman: Nick Ivanoff, president and CEO of Ammann & Whitney
- First Vice Chairman: David S. Zachry, president and CEO of Zachry Construction Corporation
- Northeastern Region Vice Chairman: John Kulka, consultant at HRI, Inc.
- Southern Region Vice Chairman: Tom Elmore, president of Eutaw Construction Company
- Central Region Vice Chairman: Kathi Holst, president of Roadway Construction and Maintenance Services
- Western Region Vice Chairman: Steve McGough, chief operating officer for HCSS
- Vice Chairman At-Large: Ward Nye, president and CEO of Martin Marietta Materials
- Vice Chairman At-Large: Scott L. Cassels, president of Kiewit Infrastructure Group, Inc., and executive vice president of Kiewit Corporation
- Vice Chairman At-Large: Melissa Tooley, director of University Transportation Center for Mobility, Texas Transportation Institute at Texas A&M University
- Vice Chairman At-Large: Bob Alger, president and CEO of The Lane Construction Corporation
- Vice Chairman At-Large: John Houle, vice president and general manager of Traffic Safety & Security Division, 3M
- Vice Chairman At-Large: Mike Donnino, senior vice president of Granite Construction Company
- Secretary: Pete Ruane, president and CEO of ARTBA
- Treasurer: Tom Hill, president and CEO of Summit Materials