Apple rolls out iOS 6 software update for iPhone, iPad
| September 19, 2012 |
We’re still two days away from the launch of the iPhone 5, but Apple’s latest version of its iOS mobile operating system launches today.
Around noon, Apple pushed the iOS 6 update from its servers to iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch users. If you haven’t gotten a push notification notifying you of this over the air update (no need to plug into a computer running iTunes) here’s how to download the update yourself:
- Visit the Settings app
- Tap “General”
- Tap “Software Update”
- Tap “Download and Install”
That’s it! iOS 6 has more than 200 new features including
- iMessages will sync between devices
- Siri has expanded functionality such as the ability to launch apps and pull in sports scores, movie reviews and restaurant reservations
- Apple’s new Maps service (which replaces Google maps) with turn-by-turn directions
- Passbook, Apple’s take on the digital wallet which stores gift cards, boarding passes, concert and sports tickets and more.
From our partners
The JLG Mobile Analyzer is a first of its kind in the…
More From: Mobile
- Wall Street tycoon wants to save the planet with attack ads, should have studied engineering instead
- Community involvement, business acumen drives Phillips Companies, one of our 2014 Contractor of the Year finalists
- UAW defeat in Chattanooga ought to be a...
- Concrete work the “sweet spot” for...
- Already break your New Year’s...
- Ken Kesey, Obamacare and you