American Concrete Institute seeks Spring 2011 convention session submissions
| May 24, 2010 |
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is currently seeking submissions for sessions taking place during the ACI Spring 2011 Convention in Tampa, Fla., April 3-7, 2011. More information about current Calls for Papers can be found by visiting www.CallforPapers.concrete.org.
Green Building and ACI
ACI Committee 130, Sustainability of Concrete, seeks submissions for the technical session “Green Building and ACI.”
Participants are invited to submit presentations related to the efforts of ACI and related organizations to educate stakeholders and members about green building and the topic of sustainability.
Abstracts of approximately 100 words, along with presentation title, author name(s), and contact information should be sent to Larry Rowland at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Oct. 5, 2010.
Reinforced Concrete Columns under Extreme Loading
ACI-ASCE Committee 441, Reinforced Concrete Columns, seeks papers for the technical session “Performance of Reinforced Concrete Columns under Extreme Loading.”
Participants are invited to submit presentations related to issues pertaining to reinforced concrete columns, including experimental testing under extreme loading, modeling using various techniques, construction using different types of concrete, and rehabilitation.
Abstracts of up to 300 words, along with presentation title, author name(s), and contact information should be sent to Aly Said at email@example.com or Wassim Ghannoum at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Oct. 1, 2010.
From our partners
At first blush, it sounds like a simple project: paint a champagne-colored…
More From: Tech
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...