AISC offers monthly podcasts with industry experts
| December 10, 2010 |
The American Institute of Steel Construction kicks off its “Steel Profiles,” a new monthly podcast series featuring interviews with prominent structural steel industry experts about topics relevant to the steel design and construction communities.
During the first podcast, James Fisher – chairman of the AISC specification committee from 2003-2009 and leader in publishing the 2005 AISC “Specification for Structural Steel Buildings” – reflected on his tenure as specification chair and his thoughts on Load Resistance Factor Design vs. Allowable Stress Design.
A new “Steel Profiles” podcast will air on the first Friday of every month. January’s podcast will feature an interview with upcoming AISC specification chairman, Shankar Nair.
Listen to the podcasts at aisc.org/podcasts.
From our partners
Snow Valley Ski Club in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, operates seven days a…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...