AEMP names top fleets and technicians of 2013
| March 21, 2013 |
The Association of Equipment Management Professionals named those individuals and organizations at its 31st Annual Management Conference in Jacksonville, Florida, this week.
Taking the top honors as the 2013 AEMP Private Fleet Technician of the Year was Matt Presser, S.J. Louis Construction, Rockville, Minnesota. The organization named Bruce Brierley, Virginia Department of Transportation, as the 2013 Technician of the Year for Public Fleets.
AEMP also recognizes the best run fleets each year. In this year’s case awards went to Bechtel Equipment Operations for the private fleet sector and Manatee County (Florida) for the best public fleet.
A number of individuals were also officially pinned in recognition of having completed all the requirements of the AEMPs Certified Equipment Manager program. These include:
- Lowell Burgett, Conoco Phillips
- Ken Burke, Bechtel Equipment Operations
- Ben Caldwell, Nabholz Construction Services
- Thomas Coleman, Waste Management
- Steve Hudgins, Charah Inc.
- Greg Peet, Heavy Equipment Services
- Kevin Reimert, Schlouch, Inc.
- Kevin Schlangen, Dakota County Fleet Management
- Mike Fink, Kokosing Construction
- Don Gengelbach, Mulzer Crushed Stone
- Harold Reich, Zartman Construction
Credentials for the AEMP Equipment Manager Specialist were awarded to:
- Anthony Jones EMS, Frontier Kemper Constructors.
- Kenneth Laurer Bechtel Equipment Operations
- Steve Lewis, Aegion/Insituform
And the following people earned the Certified Equipment Support Professional designation:
- Eric Lamb, Leslie Equipment
- Colin Olsen, Caterpillar
For more on the AEMP and it’s professional education and certification programs go to:
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…