ACI seeks submissions for first Sustainability Award
| December 17, 2010 |
The American Concrete Institute (ACI) is seeking submissions for its inaugural ACI Concrete Sustainability Award to be given in 2012.
The ACI Concrete Sustainability Award was established in 2010 to recognize individuals or teams who have made contributions in highlighting concrete’s role related to sustainability.
Notable contributions may be the following: demonstration or improvement in concrete’s sustainable attributes through research, design, education, or construction; and/or the use of concrete in innovative ways to contribute to a more sustainable built environment.
“The Institute has worked diligently to contribute to these developments with sustainability-related publications, partnerships with other organizations, education programs, convention activities, and more,” said Kenneth C. Hover, president of the American Concrete Institute.
“We are proud to open this award for nominations to further recognize the achievements made by those leading the concrete industry through this important movement.”
The deadline for submissions for the inaugural ACI Concrete Sustainability Award is Feb. 28, 2011. The first award will be given during the ACI Fall 2012 Convention in Toronto, Ontario, Oct. 21-25.
For more information, submission instructions, and downloadable entry forms, please visit http://www.concrete.org/members/mem_info_awards.htm#sustainability.
From our partners
This is part two of a three-part series on the importance of clean oil. Read part one here. Take…
More From: Publications
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...