ABC recognizes winners
| November 16, 2010 |
Associated Builders and Contractors congratulated ABC member companies, a chapter and a partner for receiving top honors in the Construction Users Roundtable’s Construction Industry Safety Excellence awards and the Workforce Development awards at CURT’s national conference on Nov. 9. ABC members won three CURT CISE awards.
Here’s a list of contractors who were recognized for their safety performance during the past three years:
NAICS Code 237: Heavy Construction Contractors
• The Saxon Group, based in Suwanee, Georgia – (more than 2 million man-hours per year)
NAICS Code 238: Special Trade Contractors
• Shaw Environmental & Infrastructure, based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana – (more than 2 million man-hours per year)
• The Brock Group, headquartered in Houston – (more than 2 million man-hours per year)
In the CURT Workforce Development Awards, an ABC member, a partner and a chapter took three of the four honors in recognition of their recruitment, training and education of construction professionals:
- The Shaw Group, a member of seven ABC chapters
- Mississippi Construction Education Foundation – a partner of ABC of Mississippi Chapter
- ABC Pelican Chapter of Baton Rouge for its program “The ABC’s of Workforce Development: A Primer for Public/Private Initiatives.”
More From: Safety
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: