ABB acquires Baldor Electric
| December 01, 2010 |
ABB acquired Baldor Electric in an all-cash transaction valued at approximately $4.2 billion.
This transaction provides ABB with a North American presence in the industrial electric motor market. ABB will retain Baldor’s management, brand and headquarters in Fort Smith, Arkansas.
ABB will commence a tender offer to purchase all of Baldor’s outstanding shares for $63.50 per share in cash. To learn more about ABB, visit abb.com.
From our partners
JLG has just launched the world’s largest self-propelled boom lift -- the…
More From: Industry Briefs
- Parsons Brinckerhoff awarded contract for construction engineering and inspection services for I-4 widening in Florida
- Newmont Mining Company names Metso as supplier of the year
- Blastrac opens Greenville, S.C. location, adds Ricky Norkett and Mike Lancaster to ‘Team Blue’
- Michael F. Donnino elected to ARTBA’s executive committee
- Winners announced for student video contest on transportation issues
- Volvo Trucks names Göran Nyberg...
Do you want some tips to stay safe on the job site?
Equipment World has created an entire section devoted to safety.
Here are the most recent tips we've posted: