- Equipment World - http://www.equipmentworld.com -
10 Most Ambitious Subway Systems in the World
Posted By Amanda Bayhi On December 26, 2013 @ 2:00 am In Featured Articles,The Roadologist | No Comments
What if you could make a quick trip from New York to London? And what if that quick trip was only an hour long? Well, the Transatlantic Tunnel would have made that possible.
The Transatlantic Tunnel, which, according to a 2004 Popular Science article , would have connected America and Europe with a 4,000-mph vaccuum tube train (sound familiar?), tops a recent Jalopnik list of the 10 most ambitious subway systems .
Some of the subway systems were never more than an idea, while others made it into existence.
Jalopnik says these are the 10 most ambitions subway systems ever devised:
10. The Marmaray Tunnel (Istanbul, Turkey)
9. The Cincinnati Subway (Cincinnati, Ohio)
8. New York City’s 1939 Expansion Plan (New York, New York)
7. The Paris Metro (Paris, France)
6. Stalin’s Secret Metro 2 (Moscow, Russia)
5. The London Underground (London, England)
4. Budapest’s M1 Line (Budapest, Hungary)
3. New York City’s Pneumatic Tubes (New York, New York)
2. The Chunnel (the English Channel)
1. The Transatlantic Tunnel (Pacific Ocean
For more details about why each of these subway systems is considered ambitious, read the full report at Jalopnik.com .
Article printed from Equipment World: http://www.equipmentworld.com
URL to article: http://www.equipmentworld.com/10-most-ambitious-subway-systems-in-the-world/
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.equipmentworld.com/files/2013/12/ku-xlarge.jpg
 Jules Verne: http://www.julesverne.ca/vernebooks/jvexpress.html
 according to a 2004 Popular Science article: http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2004-04/trans-atlantic-maglev
 Jalopnik list of the 10 most ambitious subway systems: http://jalopnik.com/the-ten-most-ambitious-subway-systems-ever-devised-1484113202
Copyright © 2012 Equipment World -- Development. All rights reserved.